Brussels, 28th April 2014: 107 companies from 12 countries will meet together with 22 mentors and 18 investors at the ACE Summit in Brussels tomorrow. The ACE Summit follows on from the ACE competition to select the top 100 ICT companies in Europe with the potentially to grow internationally. The ACE Summit will provide these ICT SMEs with the opportunity to meet face to face with mentors and investors who will help to take their businesses global.
At the ACE summit, ICT SMEs will have the opportunity to complete investor readiness training and pitch directly to a panel of cross border investors. One to one meetings have been organised for each company in advance with mentors from other countries who will provide practical advice on entering new markets from introductions to potential clients to ‘soft landing’ supports. Companies will also have the opportunity to meet with other companies and potential collaborators with over 400 participants registered for this event.
ACE is one of 7 EC supported projects supporting the growth of ICT companies. These 7 projects are grouped together under the ‘Start-up Europe Hub’. All 7 projects will be present at the event tomorrow providing specialist support from legal advice to advice on early stage financing and acceleration strategies. The website of the ‘Start-up Europe Hub’ initiative will be launched by Mario Campolargo, Head of Unit, DG Connect at the ACE Summit tomorrow.
To read the profiles of the companies pitching at the Summit, download the attatchments.
Summary of ACE Summit:
- Over 400 participants registered;
- One to one meetings organised for 87 ACE companies
- 51 companies (from 12 countries) pitching, over 6 pitching sessions
- 22 mentors present
- 18 investors present
Join the debate at @EU_ACE through #NFFEE2014.
- ACE supported company Feedpods enters USA market!
- Living Lab Services for Business Support & Internationalisation: Understanding the Value & Benefits of Cross-Border Living Lab offers for Small and Medium Enterprises
- Accelerating International Growth: A Practical Guidebook for Business Support Organisations
- ACE Companies Booklet - Meet the Graduates of the ACE Programme!
- Selling a dream to the sales industry: Tenderscout